Graphics . Design . Drawing Examples
Good Attitudes Toward Drawings:
- Why you cannot draw well - 1. No confidence, 2. No proper drawing skill, 3. Want perfect drawings, 4. Want good GPA or big promotion, 5. Like to compare and compete with others, 6. Don’t like to be criticized, 7. Afraid of making mistakes.
- Great drawings come from experiences of making mistakes. So don't procrastinate and just draw so the mistakes will take you to the next level of confidence.
- Don't let anyone tell you that you can't draw, because you can! Don't allow yourself to become
discouraged. The more time you spend on a drawing, the more chance you risk of ruining it.
- There is no such thing called "perfect drawing", therefore, don't try too hard to draw. After all, you are a designer and not a draftsperson. Relax and be loose or you will lose it.
- A drawing or a sketch is only a process, not a product like an art work. So you don't need to draw well as long as you can utilize it to communicate well with clients.
- To be talented in drawing, one must work hard, learn graphic tricks and copy other people's good drawings.
- When you teach somebody else, you practice twice. A sharing attitude is the right attitude. You will not lose what you share, but you will gain what people share with you.
- Three criteria to obtain a good job: Good attitude, Great portfolio, and be Energetic. Grade Point Average in school doesn't mean a thing and can only make you tighter.
- If you didn't do well on a drawing, simply tell yourself: "I am not done yet" or "I am a designer".
- You must like what you draw, if someone laughs at your drawings, just simply say: May I see yours or can you show me how to do it, this will get them off your back.
- A great designer is the one who has the ability to imitate (get inspired by) other people's work, and nobody can tell where it came from. So travel extensively to obtain design ideas.
- Six levels of success from worst to best: (1) Complain at others. (2) Hate yourself. (3) Like yourself. (4) Like others. (5) Help others. (6) Help enemy.
- Seven levels of people from worst to best: (1) Jerk. (2) Ass hole. (3) Anal. (4) Tight. (5) Loose but Cocky. (6) Loose and sharing. (7) Loose, sharing, loyal and humble.
- There is success in loyalty. Be humble to be ahead. Be able to take criticism and have a sense of humor.
- As students - poor but have time to travel, so go to Europe to gain design ideas. As professionals - have money but no time, so make time to enjoy life with family. Then be happy and have no regrets when you are older. Don't ever retire, just do less.
- Don't let trouble troubles you until it troubles you. Life is about quality, not quantity and it is too short to worry too much. Work hard and play hard. Be loose or you will lose it.
- Everyone dies eventually, yesterday is too late, tomorrow is not yours, and today is a “Present”. Before you leave the world, you have one responsibility to yourself - enjoy your life to the fullest. So draw faster with loose and good attitude.